Monday, January 14, 2013

I don't believe in genius



When I was growing up, our family had these friends named the Grobes.  I don't remember a lot of the circumstances around our connection because I was just a kid, but I remember the summer we house sat for them in Maine. I remember playing with the kids on the occasions where we got together, and  I certainly remember us driving my TotRod around in their driveway.  Back then there wasn't an Internet and there certainly wasn't a concept of viral videos, so that never really came up in conversation.  We actually ran around outside, skinned out knees and didn't worry about getting abducted... but I digress.  Despite that lack of childhood preparation, Fritz Grobe and his partner in EepyBird have gone on to produce one of the greatest viral videos of all time, the Coke and Mentos fountains (see below).

I've seen Fritz at Maker Faires for the past few years soaking with Diet Coke (not the sugary stuff, 'cause that is too sticky) after a demo of his fountains.  He's done some cool stuff, and now he has a nice TED talk (above) to add to his list of accomplishments.  Watch, be inspired, and then go do some hard work.  Congratulations Fritz!


Thanks for the link Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment