Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Drawing Challeneges



Mark Crilley is a Michigan-based artist who has an incredible eye for detail.  He has set out a series of challenges for himself to draw very realistic images, and do the whole thing on YouTube.  My favorite is his latest, Challenge #3: Playing Card (in the video above).  Challenges #1 and #2 are in the videos below.  I'm really impressed by his ability to see and draw what things look like rather than what they are.  I would be busy drawing a playing card, but he sees a line here and a curve of red there, etc.  Very well done.  You can follow his future challenges on his YouTube channel or at his website.





1 comment:

  1. This is awesome I had no clue about all this until the moment I saw this post of yours here. Also I would like to ask you one thing that I am interested about. Do you happen to know how to protect your blog posts from being stolen?

    ReplyDelete