Friday, August 24, 2012

Amusing comments


Every now and then the internet produces something really fun.  The trend of "crowd sourcing" combined with some creative people can produce unexpected results.  Lately we've been having some fun reading the comments that people post to about products or items on websites.  We've come across some good ones.  Really, some of it is very fun reading.  Warning, once you start on these, you should plan on spending some time.  They can suck you in.  Don't believe me?  Try this recipe for Ice Cubes from food.com.  Sure the recipe is funny; explaining how to make ice, complete with pictures and measurements etc, but the real fun comes in the comments people made about the recipe.  They start with:

This recipe is horrible! Maybe I should have left them in longer than two minutes (the recipe doesn't say how long to leave them in the freezer so I just kind of guessed) but mine came out all watery. I won't be making these again. 
or
I harvest my own free-range water, so the idea of putting it in a plastic tray and a commercially made electricity-wasting freezer disgusts me. I prefer nature's method, waiting until the temperature outside drops below freezing.
or
My husband and I found this recipe a bit bland. The addition of 1 1/2 T of Sriracha really lifted the oxygen flavor that was being overpowered by the doubled hydrogen. The additional "kick" with the newly-balanced molecular flavor has made this recipe a favorite around our house.
Read the rest of the comments here.  It will make you smile.

If you don't like recipes, how about the comments about this Banana Slicer on Amazon?

1,420 of 1,427 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars No more winning for you, Mr. Banana! March 3, 2011
By SW3K
For decades I have been trying to come up with an ideal way to slice a banana. "Use a knife!" they say. Well...my parole officer won't allow me to be around knives. "Shoot it with a gun!" Background check...HELLO! I had to resort to carefully attempt to slice those bananas with my bare hands. 99.9% of the time, I would get so frustrated that I just ended up squishing the fruit in my hands and throwing it against the wall in anger. Then, after a fit of banana-induced rage, my parole officer introduced me to this kitchen marvel and my life was changed. No longer consumed by seething anger and animosity towards thick-skinned yellow fruit, I was able to concentrate on my love of theatre and am writing a musical play about two lovers from rival gangs that just try to make it in the world. I think I'll call it South Side Story.

Banana slicer...thanks to you, I see greatness on the horizon.
You can read all the comments here.

I find it reassuring that there is still humor out there...  Good job internet for making us smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment