Friday, June 29, 2012

It's hot out there

Photo via Imgur
I used to live in Boulder, Colorado.  Its a gorgeous place.  It seems that every summer now I worry about my friends there and whether or not this will be the year that their houses burn down.  The heat and dry wind seem to be a perfect combination to spread fire.  As you can see from the picture above, there are fires in the mountains above town (not to mention several of my friends and I have lived up in those mountains).  Sparks can easily blow down on to town and start a blaze.  This is just not a good situation.  The video below is a time lapse of this fire developing.


Things look much more dire in Colorado Springs.  I guess it's pretty hot in Arizona too.

via VeryDemotivational
Stay cool out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment