Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Netflix Art


If you subscribe to Netflix, you are undoubtably familiar with their iconic red envelopes.  I have a friend who works at Netflix.  Once, just for giggles, I wrote, "Hi Poorna!" on my envelope when I sent it back.  I knew that it was really unlikely that he would see my message, but it was a sort of performance art on my part.  Well, it turns out that there is a whole meme of Netflix envelope art.  Who knew?  People with far more talent than I have, draw complex artworks on their envelopes and then send them in to Netflix to return their DVDs.  There is a whole collection of them posted at Doodleflix.   Sadly, this artform is likely to die soon as we all transition to streaming movies...

A few of my favorites are posted after the break.




Some of the fun ones are illustrations of the movies that can be found inside.














See more at DoodleFlix








No comments:

Post a Comment